Makeup parties are so fun, but what about the drawer full of products you already have? It’s a great way to support a friend’s business. Learn the tricks of when to buy the new products.
This post contains affiliate links where if you click on the link and make a purchase, we make a small commission at NO additional costs to you. To see the full disclosure policy, click here.
1. Go to the makeup and skincare parties. It is fun and a great way to meet up with friends while trying new products. Being able to try some of the products is key to knowing exactly how you like it and what the color looks like on you.
2. Do a quick inventory of what you have already before you go to the party. Are you low on anything or is there something you just don’t like anymore and stopped using it?
3. Write down all the things you like at the party. Get the specifics of the exact colors that you like to be able to order it later if needed.
4. If you are low on something like mascara or you just do not like what you have at home, make the order if it is in your budget. If the budget does not allow for, you’ll have to rearrange some expenses in the budget to be able to get it. Wait until the next budget month and then order it then if there is no way to rearrange other expenses. You’ll have all the information you need to order it.
5. Many times we just order because we like it but also want to support a friend selling it. We can still do that, but it does not have to be right then. Makeup and skincare products are not cheap, so we need to use what we already have at home. They will understand if you delay the purchase and appreciate you supporting them and ordering at a later time.
I love going to parties to try it before you buy it. I’ve wasted so much money trying to figure what color of lipstick or base to buy in the stores. They look different when you wear them versus what the package looked like.
Go to the makeup and skincare parties. It’s a great way to support your friend’s business. Much of the time you get to try some of the products before you buy them. Even if you pay slightly more for the products, by knowing how the colors look on your skin, you can possibly save money in the long run by not having to keep trying different over the counter makeup at the stores. If you don’t need a particular product yet, you can finish what you have at home and know exactly what to order when you need it.